Blood Red Skies F4U 'Corsair' Squadron
The Vought F4U "Corsair" was designed to be a carrier-based fighter but flying from rough island airfields in tropical conditions was no impediment. Battles over Guadalcanal proved their superiority over their Japanese opponents.
The F4U flew over 60,000 operational sorties (only 9,000 sorties flown from carrier decks) for the U.S. Navy & Marines and U.S. Navy through the war (some 40% of total fighter sorties), with only 9,581 sorties (15%) flown from carrier decks. Corsairs claimed 2,140 air combat victories against 189 losses to enemy aircraft, for an overall kill ratio of over 11:1. It also proved its versatility, delivering over 70% of the total bombs dropped by U.S. fighters during the war.
- 6 x Warlord Resin F4U Corsair aircraft
- 6 x Advantage Flying Base
- 1 x Punchboard with Game Tokens
- 1 x Aircraft Card (F4U Corsair)
- 1 x Doctrine Card (Sustained Dive)
- 6 x Aircraft Trait Cards (3 x Great Dive, 3 x Robust)
- 1 x Waterslide Aircraft Markings Sheet
Models supplied unassembled and unpainted. Material: Resin.